I discovered and altered this delicious pasta salad recipe when I had to make a huge salad to bring to a birthday bring and braai a while ago. I like changing recipes around to work for me and this recipe makes one HUGE salad and it’s super fast to make. The salad was a big hit and now it has a spot in my recipe archives! I half it when I make it as a side for a braai or dinner at home, but it’s the perfect amount for when you have friends over.
Pasta Salad – A perfect Braai Side
- 500 grams Screw Noodles
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup All Gold Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Oil Canola or Olive Oil
- t tbsp Curry Powder or Masala
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions and put aside to cool down.
- In a medium-sized pot, with a little oil, fry the chopped onion and green + yellow pepper, just until the onions become see-through, do not brown them.
- Turn the heat down and add the tomato sauce, oil and vinegar. Mix together and heat it up.
- Add the sugar and curry, keep mixing it regularly for about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the noodles and mix it well. Let it cool and put it in the fridge. Once cooled, a lid can be put on top to stop it from drying out.
Do you have any braai favourites? If you’re looking for other yummy recipes, head on over to Tamarind & Thyme!