Each year when winter rears its head I tell you guys how much I love letiblam’s Nose and Lip repair products. This year is no different! I always carry a letibalm in my handbag and since I’ve been using it I haven’t had bleeding lips during winter. Even when that dreaded colds come along my nose doesn’t end up with skins sticking in all direction from tissue overuse.
Honey and Ginger Remedy
While we are on the subject of colds and flu, letbilam shared a recipe with us for a natural remedy and I’d love to share it with you guys.
- 1 Cup of honey
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- a Chunk of fresh ginger, sliced
Add the lemon slices, ginger and honey in layers in a jar. Start with honey, then ginger and then a spoon of honey. Repeat till you’ve used all your ingredients. Let it sit in the fridge for at least 12 hours. To use, add a couple of teaspoons full into hot water and drink as warm as possible. This remedy can be saved in the fridge for up to two months!
Letibalm Nose and Lip Repair Balm
Whether it’s caused by allergies, hay-fever, colds or flu, blowing the nose repeatedly can damage delicate skin leaving it red, chapped and sore. Letibalm has been especially created to protect and care for the lips, nose and the skin in-between. Originally from Spain, it’s the first balm of its kind and the only nose and lip repair balm available in South Africa. Letibalm gently moisturises dry skin, helps to repair painful cracks and calms irritation. It also creates a protective layer on the skin to prevent further chapping. Thanks to natural decongestants menthol and camphor, Letibalm also helps to ease breathing.
Pricing & Stockists
Letibalm is available at a recommended retail price of R69.90 from Dis-Chem, selected Checkers stores as well as independent pharmacies. It comes in 3 variants:
- Letibalm fluid (10ml tube) – RRP R69.90
- The Letibalm (10ml jar) – RRP R69.90
- A Letibalm Paediatric (10ml jar) – for children 0 to 8 years – RRP R69.90
Top Tips: Caring for your nose and lips this winter:
- Keep the skin well-moisturised.
- Use very soft tissues or toilet paper with aloe vera or calendula.
- Gently pat or blot the nose rather than wipe.
- Apply Letibalm nose and lip repair balm to protect, moisturize and help heal the skin.
- Wash with lukewarm water, avoiding harsh soaps or exfoliators.
- Use a saline spray to keep nasal passages moist.
- Use a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
- Drink plenty of water, hot broth or herbal tea.
For more detailed advice on winter skin care visit Ivohealth’s blog.
Win Win Win
I’m giving away TWO hampers of Letibalm nose and lip repair balm (worth over R200 each). This prize is the perfect winter soother and contains all three varieties of Letibalm – paediatric (for children 0 to 8 years), regular fluid and the regular balm. Please complete your entries in the Gleam app below for them to count.
Terms & Conditions
- This giveaway is open to South African residents only.
- Giveaway will run from Wednesday 30 May until Friday 15 June 2018.
- Only one email address/facebook account per person is allowed, duplicates will be removed.
- The prize is sponsored by IVO Health
- Winner will be announced on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and this blog post by Monday 17 June 2018 unless the first drawn winner can’t be contacted.
- If the winner can not be contacted within 48 hours a new winner will be drawn.
- IVO Health will be sending the prize directly to the winner.
- Please allow 6 – 8 weeks for prize delivery
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram