This past month I’ve been nominated for a couple of blogging awards, so I will make time to get to them in the following week, first up I have the Liebster Award and for this one I got nominated by two bloggers! Thank you Living Lightley and Invisible CT. The Liebster Award
The Liebster Award
Here are the rules for a Liebster Award:
The Rules are as follow:
- Link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Go to the blogs nominated and notify them of your nomination.
- Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
My questions by Martie from Living Lightley:
1. What is your Holy Grail foundation and why?
I don’t use a foundation, I prefer BB cream and my holy grail of BB creams at the moment is Garnier
2. Which nail polish brand do you prefer – Essie, OPI, Morgan Taylor, China Glaze?
I prefer Omega, so far it’s the only one that doesn’t chip after two days! I have so many polishes but I don’t have time to do my nails every second day.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I wrote beauty product reviews for an online community when one day it just struck me and I said to my husband I should just start a blog. I felt I can do so much more in dept reviews like that, and it just took off, now I write about anything and everything!
4. What is your favourite skin care product?
This is probably going to sound weird but my favourite skincare product is a good foot cream, I struggle a lot with dry feet and feet has skin too right?!
5. Do you buy beauty products online from time to time? If so, which online stores to you buy from?
Yes I do from time to time, I’ve bought from takealot.com and Hey Gorgeous
6. What valuable lesson/s have you learned during your blogging journey?
That you have to be yourself because that is the only thing that will put you apart from other bloggers.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would choose to live and why?
This is actually a really hard question, if I have to choose a city I’ve been in before then I choose Amsterdam because if all the colourful people you get to see, and if any city I think I will have to choose New York, because, well it never sleeps!
8. If you had to choose to give up one make-up product for a year, what would it be?
This would have to be my BB cream, yet again, and this is because I can’t give up my mascara, I just can’t! I once gave up all my beauty products except a tinted lip balm for a whole month, I survived but I really missed my mascara.
9. What don’t you like about blogging?
Writers block and feeling uninspired to write something.
10. What is your ALL time favourite book and Why do you love it so?
Kringe in ‘n bos – Dalene Matthee, I just really enjoyed the story, I was probably the only one in my class that loved the prescribed book, I read through the entire book by the end of the first month of the school year.
11. If you could choose any profession in the world, what you you choose to be?
Maybe acting, haha I can be so dramatic sometimes, ask my family!
My questions by Candice from Invisible CT:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Same answer as from Martie’s questions: I wrote beauty product reviews for an online community when one day it just struck me and I said to my husband I should just start a blog, I can do so much more in dept reviews like that, and it just took off, now I write about anything and everything!
2. How long are you blogging?
Just a little over a year now actively, I started a blog before but it just sat there!
3. Worst experience as a blogger?
I haven’t really had a bad experience yet, so worst experience is probably feeling uninspired.
4. What are the biggest challenges you have had as a blogger?
One of my biggest challenges was when I moved my blog from blogger to wordpress, figuring out all the nitty gritty took me days, another challenge is generating more views but I guess that will come in good time.
5. Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook, I have a lot more to say than 140 characters on most days
6. Have you collaborated with any other bloggers before if yes who?
7. If you could do a collaboration with any blogger who would it be with?
With Leana from Hipstyler, Pretty and Ginger, she is always making me laugh.
8. Biggest Blogging Achievement?
Getting inspired by another blogger (one of the big ones) Kim Gray to host a Cuppa for Cansa and it was a success, it felt amazing doing something good.
9. Cat or Dog?
Dog, currently we have 3 and both hubby and I are allergic.
10. Vlogs or written posts?
I actually enjoy both by other bloggers but personally I prefer writing posts, still a lot camera shy.
11. What the one place that gives you the most inspiration?
The internet, there is always more to read, learn and discover….
And now for my nominations, I based them on facebook followers for The Liebster Award
And your questions are (Trying to keep it fun and proudly South African!)
- What do you like most about blogging ?
- Which blog post are you most proud of ?
- Which one thing have you learned about blogging that you would like to share with fellow bloggers ?
- What inspires your blog posts ?
- Winter or Summer ?
- What is your favourite animal ?
- What is your favourite thing about South Africa ?
- Who is your favourite South African blogger and what do you love about him/her ?
- What is your current favourite TV series ? it can be a new or old show
- If you could teleport yourself, where would you go right now ?
- Invent your own pizza, what will you call it and what’s on it ?